Advertisement

BHAVA VS RASI CHART CONFUSION

topic posted Thu, August 14, 2008 - 1:49 AM by  mohammed ♥Is...
Share/Save/Bookmark
According to some authors on astrology, the bhava chart can be different from the rashi chart and the bhava chart has to be taken into consideration for 100% accurate results. That is the house position is to be taken as per rashi chart, but the bhava is to be taken for considering which number of house the planet is in. i.e. the houses and rashis do not exactly co-incide but the houses are to be calculated according to the MC,IC,AC and DC positions.

Can anyone please shed light on the effectiveness of the bhava chart as differing from the rashi chart?

i have jupiter in 11th in bhava chart in aries and in 10th with rahu in pisces in rasi chart

What is the difference between the both???
posted by:
mohammed ♥Istiaq♥
Bangladesh
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: BHAVA VS RASI CHART CONFUSION

Thu, August 14, 2008 - 6:31 AM
    I have no idea, but this has been burning in my mind as well. I have the same thing with my moon in the 4H, according to a reading I got, my moon is in the 3H not the 4H in the bhava chart
    • Re: BHAVA VS RASI CHART CONFUSION

Sun, August 17, 2008 - 10:55 PM
      hey guyz share your views

Tue, August 19, 2008 - 1:19 PM
        Which do you mean actually........... because there's Equal Bhava and Sripati Bhava and KP Bhava charts.
        I know that Sripati gives housecusps in the middle of the house and not in the beginning. What's really important are what's going on in ascendant/descendant (1 and 7) and MC/4th (10 and 4) and these houses and planets located there will have much influence in our lives.
        In Jyotish I know Sripati is used for making relocation chart - or at least that all I learnt with it so far.
        KP Bhava (Krishnamurti Paddhati) has its own ayanamsha to start with and this system makes heavy use of nakshatras, and the so-called sub of each nakshatra, their lords, using those in dashas also. It resembles the Placidus house System which is used in the West, but KP is very Indian in origin. Again housecusps are very important here.
        It is likely that most of us have planets that change sign, by either going forward or backward with those two systems.

Mohammed I'm not sure if i have covered Equal bhava or not, I will look again.
        One thing for sure if there's a change then the changing planet has more of an impact or less of an impact according to what you saw in the first place with the traditional Rashi.

Attikka.

Wed, August 20, 2008 - 7:28 AM
          Hi Mohammed

I checked and haven't studied Equal Bhava.
          Here's an explanation on how it is calculated and used at:

www.planetarypositions.com/note...hart/

A.

Wed, August 20, 2008 - 9:43 AM
            Thanks Attika appreciate

Wed, August 20, 2008 - 1:34 PM
              Hi again, this is a very interesting query you posted. I never really paid much thought to those different systems. I remember KP most and I liked it, but I've only used it in my course exercises not in practice, so I don't have any experience really. I was confused when I read your post here because these three systems - Sripati, Equal, KP - I find there's always many different names they're referred to, and my vocabulary with Indian words in Jypotish is limited. But I think now that Equal Bhava is the regular rashi chart we use; whereas the two others are different. I like KP because it's all nakshatra-based. We would all most likely end up with different results there.
              I had a look at a few charts with KP. With the celebrity I posted on the quizz thread, he's really known as an entrepreneur. In the traditional whole house rashi, his lagna lord, Ma, is in the 2nd in Sag. While I see his focus on accumulated wealth and he's a very good/convincing speaker, his background is modest; and I don't see his consideration for family, etc having impacted his actions; but in KP Mars moves to lagna which is much more empowering. Moon lord of 9th moves to the 10th, and Rahu moves back and is now sitting with Jupiter in 8th/Ge. All his manipulative and unscrupulous doings are much clearer then.
              I don't think this system is better, I really don't have experience to say these things, but it can certainly add to the picture already formed and change it in a more subtle way, perhaps.
              In KP for myself, Mercury my lord of 10th moves from lagna to 12th and sits along with Su, already there. It is true that my career has taken place abroad at 95%. In the 10th otherwise empty and unaspected house, I now have Ma my 5th lord - I've always been lucky for work, but then also Ma creates sudden changes and breaks, which is very true in my case.
              Madhurima, in KP yes your Moon and Ju move to 3rd, with my software, which is a creative and dynamic house. Ju is then 5th in 3rd creatively it's very good. Mo and Ju still aspect the 10th from there, by rashi aspect this time. Also your 10th ruler Su moves from lagna to 12th - so the case is, has you career taken you away from your place of birth, do you have the experience it flourished more in far away places?
              Mohammed, for you Ju is still in the same place (it changes in Sripati though) but Rahu has now moved to 9th and Ketu up to 3rd, it makes you want to experience things like higher knowledge, teaching, dharma, spirituality, astrology very much. Me, Ma, Su are now in 4th and Ve is by itself. Ma is also free of Ketu here. I don't knwo if this talks to you or not. I really find it all very interesting !
              • Unsu...

Thu, August 21, 2008 - 5:35 AM
                "Madhurima, in KP yes your Moon and Ju move to 3rd, with my software, which is a creative and dynamic house. Ju is then 5th in 3rd creatively it's very good. Mo and Ju still aspect the 10th from there, by rashi aspect this time. Also your 10th ruler Su moves from lagna to 12th - so the case is, has you career taken you away from your place of birth, do you have the experience it flourished more in far away places? "

Hmm, it's funny you mention this Attikka, because I woke up this morning a bit sick at the thought that I might be moving overseas soon for my career. I always felt stuck here in New York in regards to my singing career. It's good for learning and school, Ive had much luck in that department. But, Ive always felt a little held back in a way here. The only opportunities I had for performing were the productions I created myself.

However, while living in California, almost 3000 miles from my birthplace in NYC, I shone like a blazing star. I magically "fell" into the right opportunities with the right people. Go figure, In fact I have another audition out in San Francisco next month.

Ive been going over the astrology for relocation for a few days now, and what you say about my sun being in the 12H just makes me more sure that I should leave New York....a bit of a synchronicity here :)

Thu, August 21, 2008 - 9:21 AM
                  "Rahu has now moved to 9th and Ketu up to 3rd, it makes you want to experience things like higher knowledge, teaching, dharma, spirituality, astrology very much. "

ahh! i was running through rahu anterdasha and i can say you that at that point of time i have grown my interest in astrology and various other things but it was not favourable for my studies.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Fri, August 22, 2008 - 11:26 AM
                    Hi Mohammed,

Sorry for the delay. I can give you the positions of the planets in Sripati and KP.
                    Here we go -

Sripati bhava:
                    Lagna is Ge
                    Ma and Ketu in Vi/4
                    Su, MeR, Ve in Li/5
                    Sa, Mo in Sc/6
                    Ra in Pi/10
                    JuR in Ar/11

KP bhava:
                    Lagna is Ge
                    Ke in Le/3
                    Ma, Su, MeR in Vi/4
                    Ve in Li/5
                    Mo, Sa in Sc/6
                    Ra in Aq/9
                    JuR in Pi/10

Sat, August 23, 2008 - 8:05 AM
                      oh god Attika which one to consider... err .... im just loosing my SANITY!?!?

Sat, August 23, 2008 - 8:48 AM
                        ah ah ah I'm trying to make go mad on this one :)

But no seriously I've scratched my head over WHICH system of the three (Eq, S, KP) you're trying to find info about.... finally about Equal bhava system, I'm quoting below from Frawley's Astrology of the Seers:

" Owing to the variability which arises in house systems that use the Midheaven, simpler systems have arisen that do not consider it as the cusp of the tenth house. They regard the Ascendant as the cusp of the first house, and place all other house cusps an equal thirty degrees from it. In such systems, if 5 degrees Gemini is the Ascendant, the cusp of the second house will be 5 Cancer; that of the third 5 Virgo and so on. These are called Equal House systems.
                        The advantage of these systems is that they are easier to calculate. They are also easier to read for aspects, as aspects are determined by degree position in signs, not by the angles as visible from the Earth. For example, a planet in the cusp of the tenth house in the equal house system will always be in a 90 degree or square aspect to the Ascendant. In non-equal house systems no such aspect may be formed. A planet conjunct the Midheaven may not be at any angle aspect to the Ascendant. Aspects cannot be determined by sight in such systems, but require examining the exact degrees of planetary locations. Equal house systems become more important in extreme latitudes, north or south, where several houses may occur in one sign or several signs in one house, which would otherwise make chart interpretation very complicated.
                        The disadvantage of the equal house systems is that they do not adequately consider the Midheaven, a well known powerful point in the chart in all systems. For this reason, it is wise to still add the Midheaven as a special point of power. In equal house systems the Midheaven may fall in the ninth, tenth or eleventh houses.

Vedic astrology usually employs two different systems of house determination. First, it has a special chart, called the "Bhava Chakra" or "House chart", which specifically measures the houses. It can be done in two ways. It can consider the houses according to the Midheaven. Or it can just consider them from the Ascendant as an equal house system. It most resembles the house systems commonly used in Western astrology and has the same general variations. Second, it considers the houses in the "Rashi Chakra" or "Sign chart". This we find to be more commonly used. In this chart it is not just an equal house system is used, it is an "equal sign" system. In it, for example, if some degree of Taurus is the first house, then Gemini will be the second house, Cancer the third and so on. This is true even if it is 1 degree of a sign or 29 degrees. This is the most simple and general method of house determination, wherein primacy is given to the signs over the houses. Houses are determined generally according to the Rashi Chakra and then specifically according to the Bhava Chakra. The Bhava Chakra is thus another chart. In it the position of the houses are given, not the signs, though sometimes the exact sign positions of the cusps are placed in or by the chart, as well as the points in which the house begins and ends. "

Which one to consider?! I couldn't tell you that. It's really up to you :) I, personally, really like KP because it's really old in origin and totally nakshatra-based, but you'd have to find proper info on how to use that system.

Recent topics in "Jyotish - Vedic Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Is 7th house damaged offlineKumar 0 Today, 1:13 AM
My Astrology predictions manickaraj 0 Today, 12:04 AM
sanyas yoga nagendra 4 Yesterday, 11:56 PM
Saturn Transit On 2nd November,Will That Help Or Ruin Jimmy 5 Yesterday, 12:46 PM