Advertisement

Vargottama

topic posted Fri, April 6, 2007 - 2:44 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
From what I understand, the term 'vargottama' means that a planet is placed in the same rasi in one/ or other of the divisional charts. What would be the significance if a planet is placed in the same bhava (as oppsed to rasi) in the divisional charts? I have with me a chart in which the Rahu and Ketu axis remains in the 1st / 7th house.... all the way up to shashtyamsa....
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Vargottama

Sat, April 7, 2007 - 12:03 PM
    I think vargottama means that a planet is placed in the same rashi in the janma chart and the navamsha chart. I don´t think the other vargas count :/ .. it´s supposed to be equivilant of being in it´s own sign. I have had questions on this topic as well. Some joytishis don´t like to acknowledge this yoga. I have been wondering though if it applies to Rahu and Ketu as well as the other planets. Sometimes rules don´t apply to the shadowplanets. Any comments?

Sat, April 7, 2007 - 12:19 PM
      you are correct Fjola, it only applies to being in the same navamsa as rasi.
      The word literally means varga- uttama, or best/highest division.
      According to my line of teachings it makes the planet strong; for good or bad depending on the sign- if it is exalted and vargotamma it will be very strong, while neecha and vargottama it will be extra weak.
      To understand the concept deeper, you need to understand Rashi Tulya Navamsa techniques.
      Nodes can also be Vargottama.
      When planets start being in the same sign in other vargas it is relevant to a level of vaishikamsa.
      • Unsu...

Re: Vargottama

Sat, April 7, 2007 - 12:31 PM
        Ok, that clarifies things what vargottama means. Is there any significance at all to planets being in the same bhava in divisional charts as in Rasi?

Sun, April 8, 2007 - 7:26 AM
          i´m not sure. but i have never heard of that being significant. only the rashi. but if it´s both in the same house and the same rashi in your case i´m sure the effect is more extreme. or i would imagine. what´s your experience?
        • Unsu...

Re: Vargottama

Sun, April 8, 2007 - 8:11 AM
          One thing it means is that when you have the dasa of that planet, the bhava in question will be emphasized. For example, if you have Rahu in the 7th in half of your vargas, relationships will be a central focus of your Rahu dasa.

DR

Sun, April 8, 2007 - 9:00 AM
            what about the D12 where the 7th represents grandmother instead of relationship, or the D10 where it represents business and not relationship, or D20 where it represents kirtan, or D24 where it represents the PhD level of education? The only house that I know that it matters in is the first house, as the first house in every varga represents YOU relative to that area of life.

Otherwise the rashi takes importance, as it is the rashi that is divided to create the divisional and from this the vaishikamsa comes.
            For those with Jagannatah Hora- you can check vaishikamsas by clicking the strength tab 3rd over on top, then the middle tab on bottom (other strengths), then right click on the middle screen and switch to 'Amsa Balas / Vaishikamsas". This will show how many amsas the planet is in that are the same.

Recent topics in "Jyotish - Vedic Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Birth Chart reading help offlineAlex 14 Yesterday, 11:54 PM
Relocation outside my native place madhu 0 Yesterday, 10:18 PM
parivartana yoga denish 0 Yesterday, 8:22 PM
Power Of Mantras To Control Navagrahas Jimmy 27 Yesterday, 8:01 PM