Advertisement

Is Rahu Dasha Good

topic posted Fri, June 13, 2008 - 10:10 AM by  Chakora
Share/Save/Bookmark
This guy came to me and wanted to know if his life is going to be better after marriage and how his Rahu dasha will be. Rahu in Own House Virgo in 12th Bhava.
He us in mars now.

Also he was adopted though his parents were around. Can we see that in the chart? BV Raman says if 4th Lord is in 11th and in Enemy House there is a possibility of adoption.

Dob 30-6-1978
Tob 14:10
TZ GMT + 5.30 (India)
Coordinates: 80E27 16N18

Thanks
C
posted by:
Chakora
India
Advertisement
  • Hi Chakora,

Not looking at this particular chart, sorry, but generally speaking about Rahu first: Rahu shows potential (something, somewhere in everybody's chart that needs to develop); it's also primarily a planet of material gains but can under the right disposition bestow spiritual attainments. One thing Rahu is not good at is at giving satisfaction.
    Rahu in 10th and 11th it can give a lot of riches. Also Rahu is generally considered beneficial in 3rd, 6th, 10th, 11th. But also if it's conjunct the ascendant or the mid-heaven it's quite a prominent Rahu.
    Nakshatra Rahu is in is important also, if the lord of the nakshatra is a friend or not.
    Rahu dasha would depend on its strength, and the strength of its depositor - the relationship between the two is of great importance to judge the dasha.
    For some Rahu is considered yogakaraka for Taurus, Gemini, Libra, Aquarius lagnas - so if involved in interesting yogas there could be some very good effects.
    Otherwise, the dasha should give an element of transformation, usually at the beginning (though it can sometimes feel like a roller-coaster, the whole dasha), the transformation can take the person on any path, good or bad, true or illusory (according to what the whole chart has in store) the first two years being quite decisive; overall there could be new adventures, some foreign element either in personal or professional life; the native wants to fulfill a lot of his/her desires/ambitions during this period which is a major theme with Rahu (where we become obsessed), so that it could lead to indulgence; and finally as always with the nodes, an element of disappointment towards the end of the dasha.
    I read somewhere that wise men said about Rahu dasha that the first 6 years were for building whatever their dasha was going to be about, the following 6 to enjoy the fruits of one's work, and the last 6 as folding or completion time, that's in the last period obviously one realizes if he went after a dream/mirage or not.

I have a friend, Scorpio lagna, Saturn and Rahu in the 1st - since the start of the dasha, not so long ago, he started travelling long distance abroad, very far, both for leisure (holiday/visiting friends&family) and for work (he's an artist), while he is somebody who's normally not into moving around and slow to initiates such things. His personal life & work have greatly improved so far - with Rahu in first, more focus on self & own needs.

I have another friend who's been in Rahu dasha for quite some time, Libra lagna, SaturnR in lagna, Rahu in the 4th. She's definitely had "home improvement" by moving to nicer, bigger homes (even bought one) travelling/living abroad with her husband improved her life materially speaking, though they didn't get to settle anywhere, they kept moving with the job, the moves were nice moves but still my friend would have prefered to settle once & for all; even her job improved during this period (she got a lot of satisfaction out of it); then in Rahu/Sa she started having serious enough problems with her husband, and in Rah/Me they had to split up, (the house that was bought got sold/ job at present she's very unhappy with) and now in Rah/Ke the divorce will be finalized. Though her living standards have gone up and down during this dasha, she feels she definitely learnt a lot (spiritually) in the past bhukti (Me), but she is concerned overall with "materialistic" ambitions: money & a good career, finding a partner - improving her standards. Now on top of being in Rahu/Ketu she's also experiencing a Rahu/Ketu return....

Hope all that was interesting,
    A.
    • attika... that was really interesting.
      Speaking about nodal returns, have you come across any resource discussing a half return - Rahu over natal Ketu and vice versa. any experience you could site of people experiencing a Nodal mahadasha with such a return?
    • Unsu...

Attikka,
      Here is a horoscope of my father and i have gone thru the incidents that happened in his life during the Rahu MD. In Rahu-Rahu dasha, he purchase a house. In Rahu-Jupiter dasha, he got further constructions done in that period in the house. In the Rahu-Saturn dasha, he had huge losses of arnd 40 - 45 lacs. In Rahu-Mercury dasha, now the house is abt to be sold off. In this period, spiritual inclination is also noticed. Now i wud like to know how wud be the Rahu-Ketu and the Rahu-Venus dasha to him. His lagna is Scorpio and Rahu is in 6th house. His details of birth are as under:
      DOB : 17.01.1949
      TOB : 02:30 AM
      POB : SULTANPUR (UP) INDIA.
    • MTN
      MTN
      offline 1
      Hello Attikka,
      Does this means that the last phase of Rahu is always a problematic issue... i mean does everyone had a downfall when the dasa changes from Rahu to Jupiter ??
      Is there any remedy for that ?
      • MTN

I think Rahu dasha can vary considerably from one person to another. But what's the same is that Rahu awakens a hunger from experiencing what life has on offer, and the hunger never stops regardless how much we get, hence the disappointment/frustration feeling - and really because we need to look beyond worldly things.
        As for the transition from Rahu to Jupiter, like with all other dashas there is a preparation period. What's best is never to make rash life-changing decisions during this transition time, but that's often when people feel compelled to do so.
    • hey, could someone please help me with this. I don't know anything about Vedic. lol

All I know is I entered a Rahu Dasha in December 2007, and now am in the Jupiter sub-period. The first sub-period was a horror-time for me. I was severely mentally and emotionally unstable, and had frequent suicide thoughts.
      I've gotten better within the past year, but still feel kinda confused and out of balance. Kind of empty..
      I just want to know what to expect in this Rahu Dasha which, I take it, will last until 2025.

Natally, I have Rahu in the 7th house, conjunct Mercury, and square a Moon-Mars-Jupiter stellium.

Aside from that, I have a Leo Lagna, Sun, Mercury and Venus in Aquarius, with Moon-Mars-Jupiter conjunct in the first Decanate of Taurus, Saturn-Uranus-Neptune conjunct in Sagittarius...if you take the outer planets into consideration.
      Anyway, my chart is in my profile. Nothing changes from the tropical/whole sign version I have posted on my profile page and my sidereal/whole sign, except the signs.
  • Unsu...

If this helps - Dashas of retrograde planets make the effects of the dasha known backwards...because Rahu and Ketu are always retrograde I think that applies to the too...

All the best ^_^
    • Something I found while looking around...
      " ...
      Rahu has the influence of Jupiter conjunction Venus. It gives intense appreciation and respect for the area by house where Rahu is located or transiting. There is popularity in this place with optimism and cheerfulness. This is a lucky place.

.... Ketu has the influence of a Mars conjunct Saturn. In Ketu, too much of the Saturn accent can produce fear and hold the Mars action back. This can give poor timing.

Mars represents energy and Saturn, a cycle of time. With the Combination, we need to take stock of the issues involved, and do something about them. There is an ambition for power where Ketu is located by house.

The trick is to use the energy of Mars in the right amount by the disciplining of Saturn in an area of selfless service rather than over-possessiveness.

~~ Manik Chand Jain, Rahu & Ketu in Predictive Astrology,

By the looks of it Rahu in the 3rd or the 7th should be good materially - for the native. But the 9th is not such a good thing.
      Let's put Ketu in the 9th or the 12th - the ascetic is happy but the 3rd house copulation and immovable property or the 7th house of wordly partnerships - not very comfortable... in the 7th especially, it could give a very unemotional spouse. Now, since one way of looking says the spouse is but a projection of one's own aspirations, extension of one's own charter, a reflection of intrinsic attitude - probably the native has problems relating to the spouse...
      • Hi Chakora

With the chart details you gave at the start of the thread:
        Asc. Li/ Swati
        Ke in Pi/6
        Mo in Ar/7
        Su, Ju in Ge/9
        Me, Ve in Ca/10
        Sa, Ma in in Le/11
        Ra in 12.

The 6/12 axis is a difficult one - though Ra/Ke per sign are ok but they’re also Pi/Vi or 6 and 12 zodiac signs. So I think it brings a difficult transformation even when on the outside the events related to the dasha don’t look so bad for example.
        Here the depositors Me and Ju are not that strong: Ju in Ge and Me in Ca but good per house placement Ju in 9 and Me in 10. Also both depositors are well-placed from their signs, Ju is 10 and Me is 3 so the dasha shouldn’t be negative. The good thing is they’re not sitting with any planet and Rahu doesn’t aspect any planet.

The axis Ra in 12 can give a strong focus on hidden activities, indulgences (sex, drugs or searching for a spiritual venue) and expenses, losses, endings, foreign affairs; with Ke in the 6 gives dissatisfaction in daily life pursuits ( the things we have to do) with a lot of competition at play. Apparently many film stars have this axis: the 12th of fantasy (and extravagant expenses) being highlighted and the 6th of hard work and competition to achieve high….
        Oh and you can check the thread I did a little while ago called addicitions, the chart in there has a 6/12 axis also.

Back to this chart, I wonder about the possibility of finding one’s spiritual path during the dasha – Ju and Su are in the 9th which looks very nice but they’re both cruel lords in this case, and the 9th lord’s not strong in Ca, more confused. I think Ju/Ra are more likely to give him money. The ascendant is in Swati, ruled by Rahu so he’s bound to be very drawn towards his Ra in the 12 – ruler in the 12th’s not so good because it can get one into wasteful pursuits. Ra’s aspect on the 4th could take him away from home during the dasha (also Ra in 12 increases that, like foreign travel/residence and there’s also the Mo in the 7th so could be work-related).

Let me know what you think.

A.
      • "Let's put Ketu in the 7th house of wordly partnerships - not very comfortable...it could give a very unemotional spouse. Now, since one way of looking says the spouse is but a projection of one's own aspirations, extension of one's own charter, a reflection of intrinsic attitude - probably the native has problems relating to the spouse..."

My experience of folks who have ketu in the 7H is that they themselves are not very interested in partnership. in the people i know it brings a detachment and inability to bond with partners, due to the rahu focus being on themselves. rahu, on the other hand, brings more energy to the realm of partnerships, more desire to have one.
        • "My experience of folks who have ketu in the 7H is that they themselves are not very interested in partnership. in the people i know it brings a detachment and inability to bond with partners, due to the rahu focus being on themselves. rahu, on the other hand, brings more energy to the realm of partnerships, more desire to have one."

This seems to be very contrary to my experience. Also seems in direct contradiction to western interpretation of nodes. I myself have rahu in 1st house. i can vouch for how relationship oriented it makes me. if anything, i've had to tone myself down..and i hv some experience with ppl who have raho in 7th, who seem downright reluctant to enter into relationships.
  • Rahu in 1st and Ketu in 7th is always challenging for relationships based on what Kalikat said.

The reverse is usually equally challenging but for the opposite reason.. losing themselves in the partnership.

I think that all things considerd the 1/7 axis os the hardest for Rahu/ketu -- with Rahu in 1st being the hardest.

Rahu in 8th is also very challenging - attachment to turmoil and drama.

Rahu in 1st house person is learning to be alone.

Rahu matures at 42 however. after that things get much easier for the person.

As always, it is hard to say anything definitive about the Rahu/Ketu axis without assessing their rulers and planets they join. That shows the whole story.

A powerful Rahu is one of the best things in a chart for spiritual development.
    • "Rahu in 1st and Ketu in 7th is always challenging for relationships based on what Kalikat said"
      My cousins got Ragu in 1st place alongside Venus
      1st house - venus,ragu - capricorn
      3rd house - mars - pisces
      5th house - saturn - taurus
      6th house - moon - gemini
      7th house - kethu - cancer
      11th house- mercury , jupiter - scorpio
      12th house- sun - sagitarrius
      He is unmarried at 36 and astrologers advise to marry a divorcee and he is also not opposed to marrying divorcees although he would be happy to go for unmarried girls. Please advise if we can search for unmarried or seek divorcee.

"The reverse is usually equally challenging but for the opposite reason.. losing themselves in the partnership."
      Uncle has Ketu in lagna he married at abt 31 and lost wife in few years and ended up marrying again now is happily settled. Is it common for lagna/ketu people to end up as divorcees or widow/widower and marry again?
      A proposed guy has the following(1974 may3rd) currently running raghu dasa ending in 2010. Astrologers suggest that the boy better not marry until 2010 for fear of the marriage ending unsuccessfully during ragu period. Please advise.
      1st house - lag, ketu - taurus
      2nd house - mar, sat - gemini
      5th house - moon(r) - virgo
      7th house- raghu - scorpio
      10th house- jup - aquarius
      11th house - venus - pisces
      12th house - sun, mer - aries

Thanks for the help.
      • wealth earned in Rahu dasa is volatile means it wont last for long time.
        rahu usually with moon gives predominant position in social life usually powerful rahu brings native in politics
        11 house rahu give wealth and monetary gains.
        Rahu -sat dasa is trouble some usually (except when rahu and sat both are strong and signify good houses (1/5/9)
        I have completed 16 years of rahu dasa of myself now in rahu -moon dasa.so far my rahu-mer period was best and rahu/ sat and rahu/ketu peroid was worst.no significant achievement as yet in this dasa(financially .professionally.acdemically).I haveto travel a lot during whole dasa.
        rahu is CONFUSION it creates illusion native is not able to decide where to go what to do.
        DOB7th sept1975
        TOB:4:21 AM
        POB :Orchha
        • Is it true that the evil effects of Rahu dasha is much reduced after the age of 40 or 45? I have Rahu in the 11th house in sagitarius with Jupiter, sun, moon, mercury. And whenever I had rahu has a anter dasha it has always given me bad results. I am either depressed, or suffer insult, or restless. My main rahu dasha will begin when I will be 48 years old. And I am already dreading it. I had read a post that the evil effects reduce after 45 , 40? Is it true. Also my Rahu is in the 11th house. Still I have never enjoyed Rahu's anter dasha. Pls advice
          • I dont have your birth data.as you mentioned you have rahu in sagitarius though in 11 th house it is positioned in its "neech" sign so wont be that good rahu moon conjunction makes native prone to tension depression and confusion is there in his /her mind.
            as far as in 40 or above age i have no idea bout reduced effect of rahu..
            rahu/ shani are such planets that will and must show its affect good/bad whatever the age may be
          • Important will be birth details.. Where is the Jupiter? And how is he in the chart?
            Rahu in Saggi.. is not always bad.

C
            • Birth details : 3 january 1973, calcutta, 9.53 am

Sat : 21' 41 Taurus (retrogade)
              Sun: 19'10 sagi
              Jupiter; 24' 50 sagi
              Rahu: 23'38 sagi
              Moon: 2' 54 sagi
              Mer: 4' 22 Sagi
              Mars: 8' Scorpio
              Venus: 25'44 Scorpio

I had heard if 2 planets are apart by 15' or more then they dont affect one another. So I am not sure if moon affects Rahu here. However I am wearing a yellow pokhraj for Jup and emarald for Mer. Pls advice about the chart . Doshas etc, remedies

Thanks-
              • RA is connected to ASC and 10th house in your chart. RA will give health problems and change in career during it's antar. Change in career will be good because it signifies 11th houses. Planets more than 6 degrees apart do not influence that much.
            • june 12th,1954
              11:10 pm
              sagar (MP)
              how rahu and its present transition is affecting native and how was natives rahu mahadasa
              june 8th 1991
              4:35 pm
              bhopal
              how rahu affecting native and its transit?
              chkora ji kindly analyse .waiting for your valuable inputs
              thanks and regards
  • I know it is an old topic but because this dasha is so long there are always questions about it. Rahu dasha started to me in 2000. My rasi charts data are: Virgo : Lagna and Sa (atmakaraka) (I)
    Sag : Moon (IV)
    Cap : Rahu (V)
    Aries : Venus (VIII)
    Tauro: Jupiter (IX)
    Gem : Sun, Mars (combust) (X)
    Ca : Merc (lagna lord), ketu

In 2000 I was coming from a hard business time, so Rahu-Rahu was the same to middle 2001 when my business start a renewed improvement through my involvement with a big company which became my almost exclusive customer.
    They started buying great quantities and my finances flourished, even with hard work, in Ra-Ju and Ra-Sa. However in 2005 the relationship started to damage and lots of problems surged. In 2006m all the promises were broken and at the end the began producing what I have been selling them, hiring my employes, who helped them in the process.
    Because of the hard figthing resistance I did, taking some good proyects of their customers, they became my worst enemies, so along 2007 y 2008 (then in Ra-Merc) using money and influences they could throw me out the market and my business, with big loans, closed.

Along that time I started studiing astrology, trying to get explanations. Not only Rahu is malefic, but in my case, it is 6th house lord too. First that involves ilutions, promises and improvement and then, cheating, losses and enemies. The money losses are in the way now, by legal affairs.

What I cannot understand or explain is why along Ra-Merc, since Merc, lagna and X lord, in my XI, which besides is exalted in navamsa lagna Vi (vargottama lagna and Sa), when I expected a relief, things got the worst. I had found that would be a good period. I have been trying to restart my business in a related activity but things do not seem to be well yet.

My question is about the incoming Ra-Ke period this week: Ra in is V, now transiting IV, (where Moon is), VI lord and Ke is in XI (which I have found is very good for money), conjunt Merc, now transiting X.
    I have found in BHPS that in Ra-Ke if Ke is associated with the lagna lord, that is even better for money matters and that there wil be ISHT SIDDHI (what is that?, I could not find any description on it in the web) but seems to be a very good thing too. On the other hand, I have found terrible things too about these period.
    I am scary, while Ra-Merc was disastrouss even though it appeared to be good. If this new period Ra-Ke does not help me and if my efforts to improve my income do not work I would not be capable to attend the lot of debts I have.

Is there some remedy to help?

Thanks for the answers that that you al can give me.

Recent topics in "Jyotish - Vedic Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
lost job offlineBeat 0 Today, 4:07 AM
Aalok ji Please help Raaj 2 Yesterday, 11:44 PM
job change aurk 2 Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Chart Analysis through Nadi-Niks Anirban Bane... 1 Yesterday, 10:43 AM