Advertisement

Debilitated & Retrograde Planet

topic posted Sat, June 14, 2008 - 12:02 AM by  Kishan
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi Gurus,

In my horoscope the Saturn is debilitated in Aries(9th house) at 24deg & also in retrograde position. Jupiter(183 deg) aspects Saturn from Libra & Debilitated Saturn is trine from Leo Asc(118 deg). In this case does the debilitation get cancelled & becomes neechabanga?

In another situation in the same horoscope Moon is debilitated in Scorpio (4th house from Leo Asc) & Sun is also in Scorpio(4th house) from Leo Asc. The lord of 4th house Mars is in 3rd (Libra) from Asc with JUP & Venus. Will there be any chance of cancellation as the Asc. lord is in good position?

My DOB: 30-11-1970
TOB: 00:55
POB: Palghat, Kerala

Please show some light on this?

Thanks
Kish
posted by:
Kishan
India
Advertisement
  • Re: Debilitated & Retrograde Planet

Sat, June 14, 2008 - 1:58 AM
    Hello Kishan
    In ur case the cancellation of debilitation os Lord Saturn depends upon its position in the Navamsa chart as well. When a debilitated planet is retrograde it gains high power. Also 5th house lord Jupiter seeing Saturn also gains power. So I would say in ur chart Saturn has regained its power. Leo being ur Lagna Saturn belong to 6th house and 7th house. If Saturn has not regained power in ur chart U will loose the strength of ur wife completely. As I said before it also depends on ur Navamsa. When we say the end result we have to say it from Navamsa.

I dont know how useful this will be to u. I will study ur chart sometimes later and try to make it clear.

Bye

Sun, June 15, 2008 - 6:12 AM
      Thank you Prakash. In Navamsha, Saturn is in 2nd house(Scropio) with Sun & Rahu. Asc is Libra with Mars in it, Venus & moon(Aquarius), Mercury(Aries), Ketu(Taurus), Jupiter (Gemini). Please can you let me know in detail. BTW you didn't say about Debilitated moon. :-). Thanks once again Prakash for your time.
  • Unsu...

Re: Debilitated & Retrograde Planet

Sun, June 15, 2008 - 7:32 AM
    If a deb planet is retro then it becomes neutral or friend dignity

and about neecha bangas ¬

(i) If the lord of the deb sign OR the lord of the exa sign are 1, 4, 7, 10 from either moon or lagna then deb effects are negated.
    (ii) If the lord of the sign, where the deb planet is, has full aspect on that sign then deb effects are also negated., e.g., Moon in scorpio and mars has a full aspect on the moon
    (iii) If the lord of the deb sing and the lord of the exa sign are conjunct, opposite or 4 and 10 from each other then the deb effects are negated.

Mon, June 16, 2008 - 10:51 PM
      Hi Max, Thanks so much for the Explanation :-) . So In my case how is this debilitation of both the planets going to affect?

Regards
      Kishan

Tue, June 24, 2008 - 10:37 AM
        Kishan,

Here's what I know on cancellation factors. Note that there are different views out there.

1.- debilitated planet in a kendra (10 is best)
        2.- the neechha graha's lord depositor is uccha/exalted
        3.- neechha = reduced somewhat if lord of the neechha graha is strong
        4.- if debilitated planet hosts an uccha planet in one of the house it owns
        5 - neechha graha = retrograde

Incidentally I have the same configuration as you for Saturn - being DB & R in Aries, mine being in the 5th (Sag lagna) with Ma, Ve, Ju in Libra.
        So I think your Sa is getting support from all these planets in 7 from it, especially from the lord depositor, that alone is great. But apart from the R motion there are no other cancellation factors, and in my opinion to be truly fully effective one would like to have a few of these factors not just one, not just the last one. So some of the negative effects are to be felt. Also the R motion brings in its own set of problems, that is a degree of confusion and delay in the houses that planet lords, for you your 6th and 7th houses.
        Otherwise in the Navamsha your Sa is with Rahu & Sun so two malefics and in Scorpio where it doesn't do very well.
        Like I said I have this configuration in the Rashi and I'm also running Saturn mahadasha, a 19 year cycle of a DB planet !! I wouldn't say it's so bad, I've had bad times though (I'm half way through) but good stuff also, all in all it's given me a lot of instability, almost constant changes.

As for your Moon, one good thing is that it has started moving away from your Sun, waxing that is. Your Moon is in the 4th, a kendra so that's a cancellation factor. It also gets much support from the benefics on both sides (Me, Ju, Ve).

A.

Thu, June 26, 2008 - 11:56 PM
          Wow!! Attika.. That's a good explanation. I too started the Astro study in full fledge. All you Gurus help me out :-) . Is there any remedy for the things going to happen in my 7 1/2 years of sade satti. What all i should concentrate on?

Recent topics in "Jyotish - Vedic Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Any tropical zodiac vedic astrologer offlineKumar 14 Today, 6:00 AM
Please help Beat 11 Today, 4:55 AM
Confusion over career Private job/Govt. Job/Business offlinesiddhanth 4 Today, 12:24 AM
bhav chalit chart query denish 10 Yesterday, 10:17 PM