Advertisement

winning the lottery and astrology?

topic posted Mon, January 7, 2008 - 3:20 PM by  Maharaja Taj...
Share/Save/Bookmark
Do you think astrology can indicate a possible lottery win? What are the possible signs or indications to look for in a chart?
posted by:
Maharaja Tajeshwar
United Kingdom
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: winning the lottery and astrology?

Mon, January 7, 2008 - 4:26 PM
    maybe look at jupiter for luck.....
    • Re: winning the lottery and astrology?

Mon, January 7, 2008 - 6:22 PM
      In addition to Jupiter, a strong Venus is must. Malava yoga (formed by placement of Venus in his own house or exaltation sigh, and in a quadrant position from lagna or rashi) brings pure good luck to a person in multiple ways - basically in whatever way the person wants. 3/12*4/12 = 1/12 of the population will have this yoga.

Tue, January 8, 2008 - 2:22 AM
        What about if venus is in his own house of taurus and in 8th house? I am not sure if this is Malava yoga because venus has to be in kendra?

My jupiter is in scorpio in 2nd house. I am told 9th house should also be considered?

Tue, January 8, 2008 - 8:44 AM
          On after thought, winning a lottery is like earling money through speculation or gambling. Such gains are temporary because the person may again speculate and fail the next time. The big yogas basically help in long term benefits through development of knowledge and skills. A strong second house as mentioned by you with Jupiter in it, can make you a good speaker and writer, with handsome appearance. A strong 9th house will ensure continuous support and guidance from elders, gurus and God. Hence different yogas give different types of good luck, and not comparable with one another. Winning lottery may be temporary phenomenon, gochara based.

Tue, January 8, 2008 - 11:26 AM
            This is interesting for me, and I think you're right--
            it's the timing not the chart itself that is lucky.

Start with a good chart but look for the muhurta.

In theory, using Kowta's definition, I should be quite lucky:
            Mahapurusha Malavya -- Venus in Tau, first house
            (also conjunct Merc) and Jup in kendra (tenth house) in Aq.

But this is somewhat confusing as Jup is not generally seen
            as helpful toTaurus

What I observe in my experience though is my luck typically
            is modest. When I gamble, I win not much more than I risk.

I'm not really eager to win lotteries (but open to the possibility<g>),
            but I am interested in investing (and would be curious about
            how to identify good methods and times). I'm quite willing to share
            my data for a good conversation on the subject.

Tue, January 22, 2008 - 8:07 PM
              'Mahapurusha Malavya -- Venus in Tau, first house (also conjunct Merc)'

mark, i have read that MP yoga is not as strong if another graha is in the same bhava. Have you learned this?

also, one teacher taught that the 11H rules unearned income (unemployment checks, disability checks, etc), so while the 8H is the first place to look, the 11H is also important.

Fri, January 11, 2008 - 8:28 AM
    about the lottery. the 8th house rules unexpected gains. so it is the 8th house and 11th house and the 2nd house and 5th house and 9th house that would have relevance in a given situation.

the 8th house would be the most important.
    • Unsu...

Tue, January 22, 2008 - 9:33 AM
      is having gemini in the 8th house ideal?

Sat, January 26, 2008 - 6:25 PM
        i would agree that a strong 8th house is important as that is money from others, not earned like 2nd house. i think the transits definately set up when its going to happen. someone close to me had transiting jupiter going through his 8th house and jupiter is the ruler of that house is in the 9th with mars. he also has rahu in his 8th natally. this person is extremely lucky and gets money easily from others. as the time of the jupiter transit he won a large sum of money from a lawsuit from a car accident and then a week later was in another car accident, didnt get hurt at all but got more money than his car was worth to buy a new car. very interesting
    • Leo
      Leo
      offline 0

Fri, February 1, 2008 - 4:25 PM
      As some have mentioned, the 8th house is important in examing lottery win possibilities. Among other things, the 8th house signifies "unearned wealth" and vast pool of "other people's money," so, it aptly represents lottery winnings, which are different from earnings derived from the 5th house of speculation because one still has to put in an effort (research, throw darts, etc.) when speculating in stocks or other things. I have also found the D-8 chart important in this regard.

Besides checking the 8th house potential and associations (strength, lord, aspects, yogas, nakshatra, etc.), the karaka of lottery needs to be examined as well, and this is Rahu. But even before you look at the 8th house and Rahu for this possibility you need to examine the whole chart to determine the overall strength and wealth potential too see if it can generate wealth.

When all indications point to the potential of wealth and lottery wins then you can look at dasas/bhuktis to see if they influence the above mentioned factors. Next, look at double Jupter and Saturn transits that also influence these factors to narrow the time frame.

Mon, February 4, 2008 - 3:18 AM
        This seems to be interesting, as i have
        Rahu 5th in Rasi and in Navamsa it goes straight to eight house.
        Vargottama.
        Got to admit, i have been studying how to accumulate money through means of astrology...
      • Lee
        Lee
        offline 0

Fri, February 22, 2008 - 4:28 PM
        You seem to know alot about this subject. I have jupiter transiting my eighth house, my natal jupiter is in the 2nd house with Uranus, I have venus in libra in the fifth and aquarius in the ninth. Right now saturn is transiting my fourth. Do you think there is any luck for the lottery coming my way?

Thanks,
        Lee

Fri, February 22, 2008 - 10:00 PM
          Unranus isn't used in Vedic astrology
          so it would be impossible to interpret
          its meaning in this context. Unless,
          of course, you happen to be a rishi
          and want to re-write the scriptures. :-)

Wed, February 20, 2008 - 9:59 PM
    winning lottery,gambling etc the suden gain stock exchange success are in favour according to a good placement of ketu.ketu is a planet that can give success in gambling,lottery,stock exchange.and good placement of jupiter 9h further pacifies it but they are of long term success in other ways all in all everything happens by the wish and grace of the almighty ALLAH

Recent topics in "Jyotish - Vedic Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
bad luck or bad Omen poornima 27 Today, 1:20 PM
Need urgent help pls C 88 Today, 1:15 PM
Niks sirl please help me... offlinesatya 23 Today, 12:25 PM
heaith and marriage Unsubscribed 26 Today, 10:34 AM