Advertisement

Moon -Saturn Relation

topic posted Fri, August 22, 2008 - 5:08 AM by  ramesh
Share/Save/Bookmark
Conjunction and Aspect of Saturn with Moon makes VISH Yoga(Poison)As it is given in classics.
May I request learned members to throw more light on the topic.
posted by:
ramesh
India
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

The Moon is about our personal awareness, how we see ourselves, the world, and our experience. Saturn is an impersonal planet that is about the limitations of our experience. The Moon is the closest body to the Earth, Saturn is the furthest. When Saturn influences the Moon, it can create fear and depression. Especially Saturn conjunct Moon means the person sees life through the veil of Saturn. The person will tend to see the limitations of life first, making them pessimistic. The "poison" is a poison of the mind. They don't see life as it is, they tend to see the negative aspects.

1 in 12 people have Saturn with the Moon. If you include full planetary aspects, 1 in 3 people have Saturn influencing the Moon. If you include partial planetary aspects, it's almost everybody! So do not place too much importance on this yoga. It is important to understand that a person with heavy influence on the Moon has had some hard life experiences, which may make them afraid or depressed at times. It's important for that person to remember they may not be seeing things as they are. They need to remember to lighten up sometimes, as life is not as bad as it may appear.

David
    • I too am intrigued by this!
      Mo/Sa I see it as giving some form of emotional trauma - Sa=obstruction, restrictions/Mo=our capacity to feel, give and receive. So I see the conjunction as giving a difficult time emotionally. I've noticed depression when it's positioned in 8th and 12th. I'd say dignity of at least one out of the two planets alleviate the difficulty, makes the native more able to transmute his/her suffering into wisdom, otherwise there could be lingering negativity - Jupiter's aspect or any benefic probably help a great deal too.
      Maybe when Moon is with Saturn then the native cannot avoid a karma of working through emotional issues, a bit like with Mo/Ra. It's not all bad one the person has faced his/her issues. One thing Sade Sati must be harder, more felt.
      I agree with David, if we consider all aspects, planetary and sign altogether, then Saturn is most of the time influencing our Moon.
      • Attikka,
        you have taken words of my mouth by pointing Sade sati.
        I give details of a native:
        DOB 12 3 52
        TOB 00:55
        27:N:32;74:E:19 He is SCO rising
        Here he has Mo & KE in 10H in Leo.Lord of 10H in 4h Aqa with VE and Ra
        He has MO in his natal chart in 10H and the same house SAT by transit sits.
        Now plese tell me if you combine both natal and Transit planets for prediction.
        If so then you,David and Lord have arrived at perfection.
        This man has Frustration,Fear to restart his closed down business,Lazy but renunciation is nowhere
        Lord may say more on renuncuiation.
        My one mor question is what KE is impressing here
        • Hi Ramesh

In this case both the luminaries are afflicted by the nodes and the lagnesh is in a dusthana, that's particularly tough...
          Moon/Ketu gives emotional distancing from one's feelings and within relationships with others - the person is detached. At the same time the person has not been emotionally nurtured as would have needed when growing up and would feel this lack throughout life. Also the Moon with a node makes the mind of this person more permeable to others' influences which can drain the native. But this is a good combination for spiritual practice and meditation, etc, in theory - could develop late in life or in Ketu dasha, but Ketu dasha comes too late in the native's life. (in his 90s).
          The sign of Leo where the Moon is, is a sign that looks for admiration, specialness and wants to feel noticed - in the 10th, mostly tries to validate this in public role/career.
          Ketu in Leo shows that the native already built a sense of self & individuality in a past life and this time round must learn to tone down his ego as shows the emphasis in this chart on the opposite sign, the sign of Aquarius. But this won't be easy because Rahu is also with the Sun and Rahu amplifies the ego here I believe - so there's more karma that needs to be done with the Sun; whereas with the Moon he's finishing it.
          This man in his 2nd Sade Sati so it's showing its effects socially - Ramesh you said his business went down, I'm not surprised. Saturn and Ketu were both in his 10th. When Ketu was in Leo (till May this year) it was his Rahu-Ketu axis return or the end of a chapter of growth, see what he has learnt and accepted during this period.
          Saturn is hard on us if we resist the lessons, not if we go witht he flow.
          The good points of his Sade Sati: 1. he is not in Sa maha dasha 2. he has no planets before the Moon and no other planets that Saturn has to cross. 3. Moon is not in a dusthana
          The difficulties: Moon is with Ketu - Saturn over natal Ketu is hard. He is now in the middle and most intense period - for 28 months starting July '07.
          He is in Jupiter maha dasha, in Mars bhukti when the transit started, and now in Rahu Bhukti. Neither Mars (6/8) nor Rahu (2/12) are well-placed from maha dasha lord - Rahu a bit better though. I don't see Rahu Bhukti favouring renunciation - Rahu is with Venus which can increase the desire for materialism. Rahu is also with Sun which increases the ego.
          There is a rule about renunciation/sacrifice or not based on the distance from Venus and Sun - would be interesting if someone could shed a light on this.
          Hope this helps a bit.

A.
          • ATTIKKA,
            It seems there are some datas need to be checked up.The Birth details are correct.The diff is aqs per u he is passing thru JUP mahadasa.
            The specific reason to submit the birth details were because you all three had a pinpointed knowledge on the topic .Those fitted this case.
            But I fear some datas have gone missing some where.B'cos the native runs SAT mahadasa from April 2008 as per Lahiri Aynamsa.
            cud you please check up?as it would be an ideal case to learn more on MO-SAT relations.
            Since he has MO in natal chart in 10H,Leo,-Transit SAT is posited in 10H and simultaneously SAT mahadasa.
            Is it B'cos of there reason he is not getting enough courage to restart his closed busuness?
            Ramesh
            • Ramesh

I tried to figure it out from the info you gave but the time zone was missing and then I don't know as well for daylight saving. Best is to give place of birth: town/city plus state plus country. I presume he was born in March (3) and not December (12). Cheers.
              • Attikka,
                The detail are as below
                DOB 12 3 1952
                TOB 00:55
                POB Ladnun,Rajasthan,India
                Time zone +5:30
                ramesh
                • Hi Ramesh

Thanks for updating the birth info. Yes I have him in Saturn-Saturn dahsa now.
                  Well Saturn for Scorpio lagna is a cruel lord - as per the houses it rules it gives a forceful, willful and practical approach in life (3rd) and as it is in the 11th it's linking two kama houses so increasing the capacity for desires and worldly ambitions; and this is usually an escape from introspection (4th) which Saturn is good at. Mars is in the 12th here so loss of courage is possible.
                  In the dasha of a planet we experience everything the chart shows about this planet - in the 11th it gives restrictions to wealth.
                  I don't have much more to say on the subject of his Mo/Sa specifically. Now that you say he's no way near renunciation, there's enough pointers for that.
                  The next bhukti Sa-Me could be difficult too. Me is not a good lord either. Though it's DB and with Jupiter. But it's the dispositor of Saturn so it's still be related.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.
                    Unsu...

The bhukti/antardasa of the dispositor of the mahadasa lord is usually the most important sub-period of any dasa.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.
                    dasha of a planet we experience everything the chart shows about this planet - in the 11th it gives restrictions to wealth.
                    I don't have much more to say on the subject of his Mo/Sa specifically. Now that you say he's no way near renunciation, there's enough pointers for that.
                    The next bhukti Sa-Me could be difficult too. Me is not a good lord either. Though it's DB and with Jupiter. But it's the dispositor of Saturn so it's still be related. QUOTE
                    Will SAT still strict the wealth though there is 7th aspect of JUP,the benefic of all?Jup is sits in Pcs a positive sign.
                    ramesh
                    • "The bhukti/antardasa of the dispositor of the mahadasa lord is usually the most important sub-period of any dasa."

Thanks for that, David. I overlooked it.

Ramesh,

"Will SAT still strict the wealth though there is 7th aspect of JUP,the benefic of all?Jup is sits in Pcs a positive sign. "

Yes there is aspect of Jupiter and Mercury, the latter, dispositor of Saturn. But both planets are overall weak in this chart so don't expect too much help (but there is still some degree of help, yes).
                      Saturn in the 11th has argala on 10th and so gives set-backs & troubles in career, and having argala on the ascendant gives trouble to the native's reputation. This Saturn is also R so it aspects the 10th and gives its effects to career & to Moon.
                      Since in the maha dasha of Saturn yes the effects of Sade Sati would be more felt; especially socially/economically.

A.
                      • Sat has argala on 10th where MO also sits in natal chart ,Mo is lord of 9H.
                        You mean 9H is also effected.But pleae note 9H has 5th aspect of JUP.
                        Please clarify this point too.
                        R
  • Namsakar Ramesh and everyone,

Conjunction of saturn with moon and saturns aspect on moon is called as Vish Yoga.

Vish means Poison. Well the literal meaning can be subjected to many euphemism propogated by different authors and writters of astrological books and classics.However, SATURN - MOON yoga is called as KALIKA YOGA AND SANYAS YOGA....

KALIKA YOGA -- The native must worship Kali to get out of this yoga. In short- Kali represent the raw force and hence it is expected of a person to become strong and rebellious to face the challenges of life. This yoga takes place when the above conjunction takes place in lagna ,2nd ,3rd,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th, and 12th house.

SANYAS YOGA- In house 10th,11th and 4th this is said to be the perfect yoga of renunciation - the Visha yoga .However , for renunciation and sanyasa - a person[AL] must give up on sex,KAMA(Sukra) and money,artha (Mercury).

However, i do agree with david and attikka that this yoga do leads to period of frustration when it comes to sade sati.

You can have a glance at Swami Vivekananda chart and Sri jayendra saraswati ....

Regards,
    • What are the remedies if SANYAS YOGa?Same Kali Puja?:
      As the yoga is forming in 10H as i have said in my post above.
      As I have understood if saturn moves from this place the improvement is expected iprovided KE is not damaging in any way
      • hi moon with saturn shows a yoga called sadhu yoga, where moon is mana & saturn is sorrow which makes person lke sadhu, if yoga happens in tamsik sign then it can harm where as i dual(satwik ) sign it leads to spirituality,
        Regards.
        shan
        • ['hi moon with saturn shows a yoga called sadhu yoga, where moon is mana & saturn is sorrow which makes person lke sadhu " ]

i Think this is a very bold and baseless statement .The only inferences i can draw from the above statement is

1- melancholic state of mind -- moon + saturn
          2- a sorrowful mind === SADHU.

a SADHU Is a renunciate.How can he be in the state of sorrow.One renounces the world for the higher peace (jupiter + ketu) and moksha.

to associate sorrow with renunciation is something i find is being indifferent towards the certain sect dedicated to the divine.Hence,saturn moon yoga need not make a person a sadhu. As sadhu or a renunciate has to be get rid of shadripus[6types of weakness](6th house ).

Regards-
    • lord a -
      you have given the following info:

KALIKA YOGA -- This yoga takes place when the above conjunction takes place in lagna ,2nd ,3rd,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th, and 12th house.
      SANYAS YOGA- In house 10th,11th and 4th

what if the aspect is not a conjunction but an aspect from saturn onto moon. which yoga correlates to which graha? for ex; if saturn is in the 11th and moon is in the 1st, what is the name of the yoga?
      • namaskar KALIKAT,

If there is a graha dristi or mutual aspect on eachother - then check for the dasha and antardasha of moon.As the effects will be visible in these time frames.Look for arudhas in trines to moon as they might be the reason of sorrow and frustration.
        KISS - KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STRAIGHT.
        Malefics will create problems .Benefics will save and help.

Hope this helps.

Regards-
  • 28 both. Cancer got name from Moon Saturn in Cancer. If Moon above Saturn then fun, if opposite, fight, lawsuits. Temporary cancer with Moon Saturn direction, especially opposition, even in transit. Saturn rises among Leo hind paws (Nara Simha Deva) at this very moment, will retrograde with Logos. Saturn rises in Leo only every 28 years for a short period. Important 28 days ahead. Om Anantaya namah. Om Hanumate....
    • I find this post very interesting. I agree that moon conjunct saturn can make one depressed. However, if they are in a good house then they can make a person very deep thinker.
      Think about it, moon is mind, and saturn implies structure. Therefore, the thinking is structured. One thinks about both pros and cons before making a decision. However, it does reduce a person's impulsiveness. People with this aspect generally find it hard to make quick decisions. This aspect may aslo create insecurity.

This aspect exists in my horoscope. I am not saying that I am a deep thinker :)

Recent topics in "Jyotish - Vedic Astrology"